Sale of Liquor Act 1989
Commenced: 1 Apr 1990
IX: Licensing Trusts
President of trust to be elected
196. President of trust to be elected---(1) At the first meeting of a
licensing trust after an election of members, the members shall elect
one of their number to be the president of the trust.
(2) During the election of a president following the first election of
members of a licensing trust, the person who acted as returning officer
for that election shall chair the meeting.
(3) During the election of a president following the second or any
subsequent election of members of a licensing trust, the secretary of
the licensing trust shall chair the meeting.
(4) If the votes for president at any meeting are tied, the person
chairing the meeting shall determine the election by lot in the manner
directed by the licensing trust.
(5) The president shall come into office on election and shall hold
office until the election of a successor, but may from time to time be
(6) The president may resign by writing delivered to the secretary of
the licensing trust; and, in any such case or in any case where the
president ceases from any cause to be a member of the licensing trust,
the office of president shall become vacant, and the secretary shall
convene a meeting of the licensing trust for the election of a