New Zealand Council for Postgraduate Medical Education Act 1978
Commenced: 1 Apr 1979
23. Annual estimates---(1) The Council shall prepare and deliver to
the Minister before the 31st day of December in every year an estimate
(in this section called an annual estimate) of---
(a) All payments that the Council proposes to pay during the next
financial year commencing after the date; and
(b) All receipts that the Council expects to receive during that next
(2) The annual estimate shall show separately the amount of every sum
that the Council expects to receive under section 24 of this Act during
the financial year to which it relates.
(3) Where the Minister so requires, the Council shall prepare and
deliver to him before such date as the Minister shall specify, being a
date not before the 1st day of July in any financial year, an estimate
(in this section called a preliminary estimate) in respect of any
matters to be included in an annual estimate, or in respect of any
matters to be included in the annual estimates for any future financial
years that the Minister specifies.
(4) Where the Minister so requires, the Council shall prepare and
deliver to him an amendment to any annual estimate or preliminary
estimate that has been delivered to him.
(5) All annual estimates, preliminary estimates, and amendments to
estimates shall be confirmed by the Council at special meetings convened
for that purpose, before they are delivered to the Minister.