New Zealand Council for Postgraduate Medical Education Act 1978
Commenced: 1 Apr 1979
Functions and Powers of Council
Delegation of powers
21. Delegation of powers---(1) The Council may from time to time, in
respect of a specified matter or class of matters, or in respect of a
specified area within New Zealand, by writing delegate any of its powers
to a member, officer, or committee of the Council.
(2) Notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, the Council shall
not delegate to a member, officer, or committee---
(a) The power of delegation conferred by subsection (1) of this
(b) Any power to borrow money.
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, the Council shall
not delegate to a member officer, or committee (other than the national
executive committee or a regional executive committee) any power to
expend money or otherwise to deal with any property of the Council.
(4) Subject to any general or special directions given to him or to it
by the Council, a member, officer, or committee to whom any powers are
delegated under this section may exercise those powers in the same
manner and with the same effect as if they had been conferred on him or
on it directly by this Act and not by delegation.
(5) Every member, officer, or committee purporting to act pursuant to
a delegation under this section shall, in the absence of proof to the
contrary, be presumed to be acting in accordance with the terms of the
(6) Every delegation under this section shall be revocable at will,
and no such delegation shall prevent the exercise of any power by the