Waikato Electricity Authority Act 1988
Commenced: 26 Oct 1988
I: Waikato Electricity Authority
12. Committees---(1) The Authority may from time to time appoint
standing or special committees consisting of 2 or more of its members,
and may refer to any such committee any matters for consideration or
enquiry or management or regulation, and may delegate to any such
committee any of the powers and duties conferred or imposed upon the
Authority by this Act except the power to borrow money , to make, amend,
or revoke a bylaw, to execute a deed or contract otherwise than in
accordance with section 4 of the Pubic Bodies Contracts Act 1959, or to
institute an action.
(2) The Authority may at any time and from time to time discharge,
alter, continue, or reconstitute any committee, or discharge any member
of the committee and appoint another member instead.
(3) Every committee shall, unless discharged by the Authority, be
deemed to be discharged on the coming into office of the members elected
at the triennial general elections of members of local authorities next
following the appointment of the committee.
(4) Every such committee shall be subject in all things to the control
of the Authority and shall carry out all directions, general or special,
of the Authority given in relation to such committee or its affairs.
(5) In this section the term ``committee'' includes a subcommittee.